Summary of Qualifications
Six years of online marketing experience optimizing organic growth and developing content for online businesses that result in increased organic traffic, increased organic lead and sale conversion rate, higher rankings for top converting keywords, increased volume of organic keywords sending traffic and improved usability.
KEYWORD RESEARCH: Use online tools and analyze SERPs to identify short- and long-tail relevant, high volume keywords to use as the focus for content pieces and webpages to increase organic search traffic and number of keywords sending traffic.
CONTENT CREATION: Develop themes for blog posts, videos, infographics, how-to/definitive guides and slide decks to further increase organic traffic, using keyword research and competitive analysis, and work with writers and designers to carry out direction from concept to final release.
LINK BUILDING: Strategize outreach plan that acquires links to highest converting webpages and blog posts, by identifying industry influences and working with them to acquire backlinks, social mentions, guest blog posts, and sponsorship and discount opportunities, that led to an increased link profile and domain authority.
LANDING PAGE OPTIMIZATION: Create A/B and multivariate tests for landing pages in top performing ad groups and highest converting webpages, tracking data from lead to sale to identify the best performing combinations, resulting in increased leads, sales and conversion rate.
SEO Manager, January 2011 — Present
Web Developer, June 2009 — December 2010
SurePayroll (a Paychex business), Glenview, Illinois
- Increased organic leads 20%, organic sales 24% YOY and raised MOZ Domain Rank from 50 to 57 as a result of combined efforts from optimizing on-site content, expanding our backlink portfolio and managing blog content and outreach.
- Increased organic traffic 365% YOY to company blog, by creating a content strategy through keyword research and competitive analysis, identifying short and long-tail keywords relevant to the company's audience with the best opportunity to drive traffic, and manage in-house and freelance writers to develop optimized content pieces using those keywords.
- Generated over 88,000 unique visits (over 62,000 organic) to 40 new webpages on company website, by using keyword research and competitive analysis to identify opportunities to provide our prospective audience with online calculators and individual video pages explaining our product, which led to 849 leads and 72 sales to date.
- Increased leads 29% and sales 29% YOY on company's highest lead and sale generating webpage by running and refining a multivariate test over 6 months, leading to an increase in the average number of monthly sales for that page from 52 to 68.
- Increased leads 27% and sales 35% YOY to our company homepage by running a multivariate test on above-the-fold content, with fresh redesigns that incorporated our most-watched videos.
- Increased lead and sale conversion rate 175% and 207% YOY, respectively, for mobile visitors by strategizing and developing code for the first mobile-optimized version of company website, that also increased average time spent on website and decreased bounce rate and form abandonment rate.
- Increased sales from referring websites 22% YOY by identifying websites sending traffic converting to sale, after writing code within our quote forms to tie referring organic website to lead records in Salesforce, and scaling our strategy for engaging with customers on forums and message boards, as well as directory listings on affiliated partner websites.
- Increased organic traffic 69% YOY to landing page for highest converting non-branded keyword phrase, by improving interlinking from the website and blog and identifying linking opportunities, that led to a 95% YOY increase in sales for that keyword's landing page.
- Expanded our backlink profile by establishing relationships with key influencers in our industry to acquire guest blog posts on sites like Accountingweb, Equifax, Allstate and Lendio, written by members of our executive team.
- Successfully removed an "Unnatural inbound links" penalty from Google in August 2013, the result of an outsourced agencies' SEO work from 2011, by analyzing our entire backlink portfolio and submitting a Disavow reconsideration request.
- Reduced abandonment 41.6% across all forms on company website through implementing usability best practices such as instant form validation and more specific error messaging.
Freelance Consultant, December 2011 — Present
- Increase organic traffic and number of keywords sending organic traffic by performing keyword research and competitive analysis to create new webpages, add content to existing pages and make other on-site changes to improve conversion rate.
- Increase referring traffic by identifying link opportunities relevant to the business, including national and local directory listings, local sponsorships and video production.
- Increase SERP prominence by optimizing Google Places, Google+ listing, adding schema tags to pages where necessary and fixing duplicate and inaccurate business listings on third-party websites.
- Analytic Tools: Google Analytics, Google Adwords, KISSmetrics, Woopra, Clicktale
- SEO/SEM Tools: MOZ Pro, SEMrush, Majestic SEO, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Scrapebox
- PR Tools: Cision, Ontolo
- Other Programs: Salesforce, Pardot, Eloqua, ExactTarget, Liveball, Optimizely, SnapApp, Clicktale, Vidyard